Home  |  Products  |  Downloads  |  Registration  |  Forums  |  Support  |  Database  |  My Profiler  |  T-Shirt Contest
Forums

The InterVocative forums are now closed to new postings.

Please visit the Invelos forums at www.invelos.com for DVD Profiler and related discussion.

These forums will remain available for reading indefinitely.

IVS Forums->DVD Profiler: Skins Discussion Page: 1... 64 65 66 67 68 ...84  Previous   Next
Mithirandir's DVD Profiler Skin (Locked)
Author Message
MarcCastermans
DVD Freak Belgium
Registered: August 9, 2002
Posts: 280
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting AcidC0R3:
Quote:
Yes, I downloaded it from your signature on your replies. I guess this option is just not available for me. I'll just use CATVids instead. It has everything I want and more.

Thanks anyways...



I have just one idea. Are you using the right syntax. When you use the casts names in a different way the names for the headshots should be exactly the same.
For instance when your actors are shown as firstname lastname the filename must be firstname lastname.jpg (Tom Cruise.jpg) but when your cast is shown as lastname, firstname the filename has to be lastname, firstname.jpg (Cruise, Tom.jpg)
Greetz,
Marc Castermans
MarcCastermans
DVD Freak Belgium
Registered: August 9, 2002
Posts: 280
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
As a new feature of Mithi's skin I was thinking of collecting the Emmy Awards.

Is there interest in that? Because I noticed that a lot of the award are for television show that will never be out on DVD.

Is somebody already know of a site that keeps those data in a database or spreadsheet?
Greetz,
Marc Castermans
mithirandir
A DVD Wizard
Registered: May 26, 2003
Posts: 3,329
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting MarcCastermans:
Quote:
As a new feature of Mithi's skin I was thinking of collecting the Emmy Awards.

Is there interest in that? Because I noticed that a lot of the award are for television show that will never be out on DVD.

Is somebody already know of a site that keeps those data in a database or spreadsheet?


As I own many TV titles, I am interested in that! 

Perhaps, we should also post here:
TV Show Episode Guides in DVD Profiler
Some of these should be interested, too. 
Best regards,

Mithirandir

http://www.dvd-live.de

Download Mithirandir's Skin v1.53  from
here!

Description / ReadMe's on Page 66!
 Last edited: by mithirandir
Overseer
Where's my damn statue?!
Registered: November 25, 2004
Posts: 1,041
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Will these Emmys be narrowly focused?  For instance, there are Daytime Emmys, Primetime Emmys, and College Emmys.  Based on those awards will we be focused on just the Primetime Emmys since those seem to be the majority of TV DVD sets out?

Will the .txt file use the same headings as the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Cannes, and Berlinale files?

In addition, most profiles will list the DVD in Profiles as TV Show: Season, for example:  24: Season 1, as the title, while the Emmys just award based off show name, in this instance: 24.  How is that handled?

Thanks,
Overseer
Gotta nip it in the bud, Andy!
MarcCastermans
DVD Freak Belgium
Registered: August 9, 2002
Posts: 280
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting Overseer:
Quote:
Will these Emmys be narrowly focused?  For instance, there are Daytime Emmys, Primetime Emmys, and College Emmys.  Based on those awards will we be focused on just the Primetime Emmys since those seem to be the majority of TV DVD sets out?

Will the .txt file use the same headings as the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Cannes, and Berlinale files?

In addition, most profiles will list the DVD in Profiles as TV Show: Season, for example:  24: Season 1, as the title, while the Emmys just award based off show name, in this instance: 24.  How is that handled?

Thanks,
Overseer



I have no clue overseer, just collecting thoughts since I own a few TV series and with Mithi's award features I would like to see the Emmys too but I noticed them problems too.
Greetz,
Marc Castermans
mithirandir
A DVD Wizard
Registered: May 26, 2003
Posts: 3,329
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting Overseer:
Quote:

Will the .txt file use the same headings as the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Cannes, and Berlinale files?

Yes, for easier handling. 

Quoting Overseer:
Quote:
In addition, most profiles will list the DVD in Profiles as TV Show: Season, for example:  24: Season 1, as the title, while the Emmys just award based off show name, in this instance: 24.  How is that handled?


I think this is best handled by cutting away the Season information "(Season x)", ": Season x" and "- Season x". 
Best regards,

Mithirandir

http://www.dvd-live.de

Download Mithirandir's Skin v1.53  from
here!

Description / ReadMe's on Page 66!
ya_shin
First think, then talk.
Registered: May 29, 2000
Posts: 6,245
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting mithirandir:
Quote:
Quoting Overseer:
Quote:
In addition, most profiles will list the DVD in Profiles as TV Show: Season, for example:  24: Season 1, as the title, while the Emmys just award based off show name, in this instance: 24.  How is that handled?


I think this is best handled by cutting away the Season information "(Season x)", ": Season x" and "- Season x". 

Oliver, I thought you once told me, that the "Localized Title can be abused for that...
Title = Actual Title (for general browsing of the list)
Localized Title = DVD Title (for the skin)
...or do I remember this wrong?
Achim's Last Watched DVDs
mithirandir
A DVD Wizard
Registered: May 26, 2003
Posts: 3,329
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting ya_shin:
Quote:
Quoting mithirandir:
Quote:
Quoting Overseer:
Quote:
In addition, most profiles will list the DVD in Profiles as TV Show: Season, for example:  24: Season 1, as the title, while the Emmys just award based off show name, in this instance: 24.  How is that handled?


I think this is best handled by cutting away the Season information "(Season x)", ": Season x" and "- Season x". 

Oliver, I thought you once told me, that the "Localized Title can be abused for that...
Title = Actual Title (for general browsing of the list)
Localized Title = DVD Title (for the skin)
...or do I remember this wrong?


Yes, the localized Title is the actual DVD title, for example "24 - Season 1" while the Film Title is something near the original title. 

But I thought we do not want to enter the season information into the award files or did I get something wrong ?? 
Best regards,

Mithirandir

http://www.dvd-live.de

Download Mithirandir's Skin v1.53  from
here!

Description / ReadMe's on Page 66!
Martin_Zuidervliet
Daddy DVD
Registered: October 10, 2002
Posts: 4,487
Posted:
Quoting Martin_Zuidervliet:
Quote:
What about the BAFTA (The British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards?

I think this is important too.


I'm sorry to report that as my computer has broke down last Sunday, the BAFTA awards is temporary on hold. I have to buy a new one (O well, it was 5 years old) At the moment I am at my work and at home I am only available via e-mail on my daughter's laptop...
DVD Profiler 2.4.0 Nederlands
DVD Profiler 2.5.0 Nederlands
mithirandir
A DVD Wizard
Registered: May 26, 2003
Posts: 3,329
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting Martin_Zuidervliet:
Quote:
Quoting Martin_Zuidervliet:
Quote:
What about the BAFTA (The British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards?

I think this is important too.


I'm sorry to report that as my computer has broke down last Sunday, the BAFTA awards is temporary on hold. I have to buy a new one (O well, it was 5 years old) At the moment I am at my work and at home I am only available via e-mail on my daughter's laptop...


Can't the other one been repaired ??Don't get me wrong - there's nothing to say against more speed and more disc capacity and more RAM...

And there is always use for a second computer.
Best regards,

Mithirandir

http://www.dvd-live.de

Download Mithirandir's Skin v1.53  from
here!

Description / ReadMe's on Page 66!
Overseer
Where's my damn statue?!
Registered: November 25, 2004
Posts: 1,041
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting mithirandir:
Quote:
Quoting ya_shin:
Quote:
Quoting mithirandir:
Quote:
Quoting Overseer:
Quote:
In addition, most profiles will list the DVD in Profiles as TV Show: Season, for example:  24: Season 1, as the title, while the Emmys just award based off show name, in this instance: 24.  How is that handled?


I think this is best handled by cutting away the Season information "(Season x)", ": Season x" and "- Season x". 

Oliver, I thought you once told me, that the "Localized Title can be abused for that...
Title = Actual Title (for general browsing of the list)
Localized Title = DVD Title (for the skin)
...or do I remember this wrong?


Yes, the localized Title is the actual DVD title, for example "24 - Season 1" while the Film Title is something near the original title. 

But I thought we do not want to enter the season information into the award files or did I get something wrong ?? 

Aren't Primetime Emmys for TV shows for a certain season anyway?

Case in point: Northern Exposure received 16 Emmy Award nominations and won 6 Emmys, including Best Drams Series, in 2002.  Would these nominations appear for all seaonal profiles of Northern Exposure in DVDProfiler, or should they only appear for the 3rd season?
Gotta nip it in the bud, Andy!
AcidC0R3
Registered: April 16, 2001
Posts: 29
Posted:
Visit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting MarcCastermans:
Quote:
Quoting AcidC0R3:
Quote:
Yes, I downloaded it from your signature on your replies. I guess this option is just not available for me. I'll just use CATVids instead. It has everything I want and more.

Thanks anyways...



I have just one idea. Are you using the right syntax. When you use the casts names in a different way the names for the headshots should be exactly the same.
For instance when your actors are shown as first name last name the filename must be first name last name.jpg (Tom Cruise.jpg) but when your cast is shown as last name, first name the filename has to be last name, first name.jpg (Cruise, Tom.jpg)


In my tools/options, First, Middle, Last is checked on. I've done a comparison between a lot of the names within the headshot directory and the names in DVD Profiler and they match exactly. At first I thought maybe it was spelling but it wasn't. Like I said, I don't think this option is available for me. Besides CATVds holds a lot more information than DVD Profiler does and it does it by default. Like headshots, galleries, trailers, files or anything else I want to add to it. I've already bought a copy of it and started using it instead. As for DVD Profiler, it is seriously lacking in customization.

Thanks for all your help though...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When there's no more room in HELL, the dead will walk the EARTH....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***

...::: /\©|dCØR3 :::...
ya_shin
First think, then talk.
Registered: May 29, 2000
Posts: 6,245
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
Quoting mithirandir:
Quote:
Yes, the localized Title is the actual DVD title, for example "24 - Season 1" while the Film Title is something near the original title. 

But I thought we do not want to enter the season information into the award files or did I get something wrong ?? 

No, you didn't get anything wrong. But what's wrong with adjusting this lacally...? The DVD Profiler concept
Achim's Last Watched DVDs
Martin_Zuidervliet
Daddy DVD
Registered: October 10, 2002
Posts: 4,487
Posted:
Quoting mithirandir:
Quote:
Quoting Martin_Zuidervliet:
Quote:
Quoting Martin_Zuidervliet:
Quote:
What about the BAFTA (The British Academy of Film and Television Arts) awards?

I think this is important too.


I'm sorry to report that as my computer has broke down last Sunday, the BAFTA awards is temporary on hold. I have to buy a new one (O well, it was 5 years old) At the moment I am at my work and at home I am only available via e-mail on my daughter's laptop...


Can't the other one been repaired ??Don't get me wrong - there's nothing to say against more speed and more disc capacity and more RAM...

And there is always use for a second computer.


Believe me, with the problems I had with my old computer you do not want to invest in repair. The CPU has broken down and it is not available anymore. The mainboard, the harddisk, the DVD-drive and the monitor have already been replaced after they broke down and now I am fed up with this slow thing. Besides I do not want to wait more than 10 seconds for every profile if I use your wonderful skin.
DVD Profiler 2.4.0 Nederlands
DVD Profiler 2.5.0 Nederlands
 Last edited: by Martin_Zuidervliet
mithirandir
A DVD Wizard
Registered: May 26, 2003
Posts: 3,329
Posted:
Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
As I promised: 

Here is the release version of Mithirandir's skin 1.51

As it contains several files, I had to zip them together..
Contained items:
- mithirandir_v_151.dps the skin itself
- mithirandirDownload_v_151.dps the downlaod skin
- mithirandirs_skin_master.zip with the additional files
- ReadMe.txt with the English Hints and instructions
- LiesMich.txt with the German Hints and instructions
- LeesMij.txt with the Dutch Hints and instructions
- LisezMoi.txt with the French Hints and instructions
- Reanimator.zip with the Re@nimator tool

Changes to the last official version 1.50:
  • Finally removed the GAP problem!
  •  
  • Finally removed the Title/Description problem (with DVD-Profiler 2.4.0)
  •  
  • Support for <ORIGINAL_TITLE> (DVD-Profiler 2.4.0)

  • Support for <LAST_WATCHED_BY> and <LAST_WATCHED_ON> (DVD-Profiler 2.4.0)

  • Download of taglines, production countries and alternate titles of the whole collection inside of the Re@nimator v2.0 tool and the management functions

  • Advanced Headshots Display
  •  
  • Widescreen Optimizations
  •  
  • BAFTA Awards Support
  •  
  • Support for Runtime, Studios and Genres Tags
  •  
  • Some smaller optional enhancements
  •  
  • Some Bugfixes
  •  

    Thanks to the ones who helped  and very much thanks as usual to Ya-shin who did a hell of testing and inspired me to some functionalities you haven't even dreamed of!! 

    To get the awards working, you need the appropriate data files:
    Academy Awards, English Version
    Academy Awards, German Version
    Golden Globes, English Version
    Golden Globes, German Version
    Filmfestspiele von Cannes, English Version
    Filmfestspiele von Cannes, German Version
    with Berlinale and BAFTA still in progess.

    For problems with the Revolvering Feature, download the following file:
    Missing DirectX Library

    For other problems refer to
    ReadMe.txt
    LiesMich.txt
    LeesMij.txt
    LisezMoi.txt
    as included in the skin.

    As the Archive would grow too big, I decided not to include the advanced ReadMe files into it.
    They must be downloaded seperately:
  • LiesMich (German, Online)

  • LiesMich (German, Download)

  • ReadMe (English, Online)

  • ReadMe (English, Download)

  • LeesMij (Dutch, Online)

  • LeesMij (Dutch, Download)

  • LisezMoi (French, Online)

  • LisezMoi (French, Download)

  • The French Version of the ReadMe file isn't up to date until now, the Portuguese is still
    completely missing. These files will be released later, after they have been finished!

    Other download possibilities will follow shortly on Ya_shin's and Doug's Web Pages!

    As it was very much work, I hope you will enjoy that! 
    Best regards,

    Mithirandir

    http://www.dvd-live.de

    Download Mithirandir's Skin v1.53  from
    here!

    Description / ReadMe's on Page 66!
     Last edited: by mithirandir
    ya_shin
    First think, then talk.
    Registered: May 29, 2000
    Posts: 6,245
    Posted:
    Email this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collection
    Oliver forgot to mention, that the Golden Globe files are incomplete.

    We will inform you, when the completed versions are available. Be patient.
    Achim's Last Watched DVDs
    IVS Forums->DVD Profiler: Skins Discussion Page: 1... 64 65 66 67 68 ...84  Previous   Next